Distress Centre continues to support Calgarians by providing 24 hour crisis and 211 phone support, daily chat and ConnecTeen text support. This month we were pleased to announce the launch of 24 hour crisis text and chat. Counselling sessions are being conducted by phone and video. If you need help, please reach out. Distress Centre also has several programs available at SORCe for people experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness.
Please note that 211 does not book vaccine appointments. Call 811 or book online. You can contact 211 to connect to resources for transportation to vaccine appointments.
The following report details the COVID-19 related crisis and 211 contacts responded to by Distress Centre Calgary in September 2021:
- We have started to see a decline in contacts with COVID as a primary contact issue from earlier this year, however there has been a small increase from July-September.
- In September, 22% of 211 contacts and 6% of crisis contacts were related to COVID-19.
- The increase in COVID-19 related contacts in 211 can be largely attributed to 211 supporting Albertans with accessing isolation supports and transportation to vaccination appointments.
- Our 211 contact volumes have increased YTD. We experienced a 24% increase in 211 contacts in September 2021 compared to September 2020.
- YTD 211 contact volume has seen an increase of 31% over 2020.
- The top issues on COVID-19 related crisis contacts were Anxiety, Family Relationships and Suicide Ideation.
- The top issues on all crisis contacts were Anxiety, Depressed Mood and Suicide Ideation.
- In September, the top needs on COVID-19 related 211 contacts were Undesignated Temporary Financial Assistance, Information Sources, and Banking and Financial Services.
[edgtf_button size=”” type=”” text=”Read the Full Report” custom_class=”” icon_pack=”font_awesome” fa_icon=”” link=”https://www.distresscentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Distress-Centre-COVID-19-Monthly-Report_September-2021.pdf” target=”_blank” color=”” hover_color=”” background_color=”” hover_background_color=”” border_color=”” hover_border_color=”” font_size=”” font_weight=”” margin=””]
For additional information on Distress Centre’s monthly data and trends by program (Crisis and 211), please visit Monthly Data Reports.
Anyone interested in learning more about needs and unmet needs across the province can visit the 211 Alberta COVID-19 Data Dashboard.